The five main components of the programming environment for exascale that are being exploited in the EPEEC project were assessed by the Joint Research Centre’s Market Creation Potential indicator framework and selected as Excellent Science Innovations in the European Commission Innovation Radar.
The market maturity of two EPEEC components was considered market ready, that is to say, outperforming in innovation management and innovation readiness, and in need of scale-up market opportunities:
- ArgoDSM - distributed shared memory system
- Owner: Eta Scale AB
- Parallelware technology: static analysis tool aiming to reduce the burden of making code parallel
- Owner: Appentra Solutions SL
- Highlighted as having a noteworthy level of market creation potential
- This work was also awarded the Innovation Radar Prize 2020 in the Innovative Science category
With regard to the other three EPEEC components, they were defined as actively exploring value creation opportunities and addressing the needs of existing markets and existing customers, respectively:
- GASPI - Global Address Space Programming Interface
- Owner: Fraunhofer Gesellschaft Zur Foerderung Der Angewandten Forschung E.V.
- Highlighted as a women-led innovation, thanks to the work and leadership of the EPEEC researcher Dr Valeria Bartsch
- The Extrae, Paraver and Dimemas performance tools
- The OmpSs Parallel Programming Model
More information about these components and links to intermediate prototypes are available here.
About the EU Innovation Radar
The Innovation Radar is a European Commission initiative to identify high potential innovations and innovators in EU-funded research and innovation projects, and to make them visible and accessible to the public. Its main goal is to encourage the development of a dynamic ecosystem of incubators, entrepreneurs, funding agencies and investors that can help get EU-funded innovations faster to market.