2020 was certainly a most unexpected year. In the face of adversity, the EPEEC consortium quickly adapted to the challenging circumstances and made the most of the opportunities offered by remote work, online collaborations and virtual events. These are the 2020 highlights of our project:
- In January 2020, we purchased the EPEEC minicluster, which is used to test emerging technologies in the project's programming environment.
- In June 2020, we organised the 1st Workshop on Heterogeneous Memory Systems (HMEM 2020), collocated with ICS 2020.
- In the same month, we released the EPEEC Programming Guidelines for Parallel Applications, a set of recommendations aimed at application developers interested in high productivity.
- In August 2020, we published our first success story about the collaboration with PRACE project FULLEST, which resulted in the first simulation of a full aircraft engine.
- In September 2020, our partner Appentra was awarded the Innovation Radar Prize 2020 in the Innovative Science category for their work on parallelware technology carried out in EPEEC.
- In November 2020, we published our second success story about our work on the development of Treeadapt, a new library and application for massively parallel mesh adaptation, in partnership with EXCELLERAT.
We are looking forward to the opportunities 2021 will bring as the last year of our project. Stay tuned for the new year updates!